The Field Sales Representative develops new prospects and maintains and expands relationships with existing customers to increase sales of Mustad products. This role represents the entire range of Company products and services and leads the customer account planning cycle in their assigned customer segment(s) to ensure customers’ needs and expectations are met by the Company. The Field Sales Representative is responsible for achieving sales quotas and assigned customer account objectives. This position will be a remote position reporting into the North American Sales Manager at Mustad USA, located in Forest Lake, MN. The ideal candidate will reside in GA, TN, SC, KY, VA, or OH.
Essential Job Functions (required duties and responsibilities)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· Create brand awareness and stimulating market growth through prospecting, cold calling, networking disseminating product samples and promotional materials to current and prospective customers.
· Call on farriers within assigned region to demonstrate benefits of Mustad brands and connect them to Farrier Supply Stores.
· Conduct dealer and end-user/farrier visits including visits to new prospects.
· New Business Development - prospecting, networking, and marketing for new business. Review and recommend new dealer accounts for the territory consistent with Company sales strategies and plans.
· Provide Account Management by building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships via account establishment and follow up, end-user/farrier contact and follow-up, product or program training, and customer satisfaction assessments.
· Develop new business with existing clients. Recognize and understand product or service needs, identify areas of improvement, alert them of new products, promotions, services, and enhancements.
· Conduct professional presentations to prospective and existing customers within the territory.
· Ensure optimal visibility of company products.
· Meet and negotiate with customers face to face.
· Achieve monthly/quarterly sales activity quotas.
· Provide periodic territory sales forecasts and maintain detailed reports of sales activities including calls, orders, sales, lost business, and any customer or vendor relationship problems.
· Enter sales information into Mustad tracking solution.
· Develop sales plans for assigned accounts in the region and annual growth plans.
· Attend large annual events in the assigned Territory and Nationally. Attend small events biannually.
· Advise staff at Company as required regarding customer service issues.
· Consultations and meetings with Company personnel.
Education, Experience, and Skills Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Business, Marketing, related field, or equivalent experience
· 5+ years’ experience in outside sales
· Valid, current US Driver’s License.
· Proven ability to search and find new clients through various channels.
· Strong analytical skills and understanding of sales and revenue metrics
· Ability to work independently and as a team with minimal supervision
· Intrinsically motivated with an excellent attitude and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
· Excellent organizational, sales, negotiation, and communication abilities.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Desirable Skills/Attributes (preferred but not required)
· Previous equine industry experience and or Farm and Fleet experience in the farm and ranch industry
· Experience in the Amish market sector
· Track record of creating a travel schedule and living on the road
· Understanding of the Independent Dealer business mentality and regional retail
· Ability to travel 60-75% primarily domestically
· Must hold a valid passport and have the ability to travel internationally on occasion
· Prolonged periods of driving, sitting at a desk, and working on a computer
· Must be able to lift up to 40lbs
Essential job functions and education, experience, and skills sections are representative of the minimum levels of education, experience, and skills required to perform the vital duties of this position. The aforementioned shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation. Mustad USA, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change essential position functions and/or required duties and responsibilities as the need arises. The position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Your application was submitted successfully.